Pages

Friday 18 April 2014

Easter decoration

With Easter coming up this week I decided to step it up a level this year. We do the special Easter hunt for the kids in the garden and give out chocolate eggs but thought we should celebrate with an egg-cellent display.


I started by finding a spare basket I got with a Christmas gift and I first of all looked online for shredded tissue paper but a light bulb went off in my head as I thought I could just shred my own from my stock of paper.

Deciding on the colours pink, green, yellow and blue I took the paper to my work and used the shredder there.




I filled the basket with the paper to make it look like a nest




To fill my nest I got a pack of dyes from Lidl and only picked 3 of the colours because they can’t be sealed once opened. I will save the rest for next year. My daughter at the same time painted some with her paints and added some glitter to them (and my floor). I've had the knitted chickens since last year and I filled them again with Cadbury Crème Eggs (yum) and placed them on my sideboard.






I put some yellow tissue paper under the nest. Excuse the rubber ducky to the left.



Completed with a bunny banner. Come Sunday and when the kids start their Easter hunt outside - weather permitting - I can have the rest of their chocolate eggs ready for them when they come inside. Then a trip to the biggest hill we can find for rolling our painted/dyed eggs down them.

Perfect Happy Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think and what you do different in your home!

Please leave a me a message, I would love to hear from you.

All comments are moderated and may not appear straight away.